I have put my research lines in this page, but, in short, my research has focused on the design and application of different analytical tools for the resolution of problems associated with forest management and forest economics issues. Below are summarized, in a schematic way, various aspects of my CV
- • Forest Engineer. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (1992)
- • Máster in Business Administration (MBA). Instituto de Empresa, Madrid (1993)
- • PhD in Forest Economics (1996). Universidad Politécnica de Madrid: “Modelos de Programación Matemática para la Ordenación de Montes: Desarrollos Teóricos y Aplicaciones al Sector Forestal Español” oriented by Professor Carlos Romero
- • Pre-Doctoral Researcher. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETS Ingenieros de Montes (1993-1996)
- • Assistant Professor. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETS Ingenieros Agrónomos (1997-1998)
- • Associate Professor. Universidad de Valladolid. (1998-2002)
- • Associate Professor. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETS Ingenieros de Montes (2002-2012)
- • Associate Professor. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETSIMFMN (2012-)
I have participated in some some courses belonging to different Grade and Master Programs from two Universities (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and Universidad of Valladolid) and related to Forest Management, Forest Economics and Forest Valuation issues. Now I am enrrolled in a PhD program "Investigación Forestal Avanzada". More than 40 students from different Universities did their research work with me in the past.
I have published 55 papers in 34 different JCR Journals. Besides, I am the author/co-author of 6 books and 16 book chapters, 8 published in international publishers. I have oriented 4 Doctoral Thesis. Some indicators of my research:
I have evaluated research projects belonging to different Universities and Research centers from Spain and other countries (Greek Minister of Education, Czech Science Foundation, Swiss National Science Foundation). Besides, I have evaluated the CV of researchers for different international Universities (SLU, ISA Lisboa, Swiss National Science Foundation, German Research Foundation) and Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). I have reviewed more than 130 JCR papers belonging to 52 different Journals.
I am the coordinator of a research project funding by Spanish Minister of Economy (“Gestión forestal en un contexto de uso múltiple y toma de decisiones colectivas”). Member of SuFoRun Project “Models and decision SUpport tools for integrated FOrest policy development under global change and associated Risk and UNcertainty, SuFoRun". I am the supervisor of 6 Doctoral Thesis. Co-Editor of Special Issue "Integrating Ecosystem Services into Valuation and Forest Management Decisions" in Forests Journal