I have put my research lines in this page, but, in short, my research has focused on the design and application of different analytical tools for the resolution of problems associated with forest management and forest economics issues. Below are summarized, in a schematic way, various aspects of my CV
- • Forest Engineer. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (1992)
- • Máster in Business Administration (MBA). Instituto de Empresa, Madrid (1993)
- • PhD in Forest Economics (1996). Universidad Politécnica de Madrid: “Modelos de Programación Matemática para la Ordenación de Montes: Desarrollos Teóricos y Aplicaciones al Sector Forestal Español” oriented by Professor Carlos Romero
- • Pre-Doctoral Researcher. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETS Ingenieros de Montes (1993-1996)
- • Assistant Professor. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETS Ingenieros Agrónomos (1997-1998)
- • Associate Professor. Universidad de Valladolid. (1998-2002)
- • Associate Professor. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETS Ingenieros de Montes (2002-2012)
- • Full Professor. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. ETSIMFMN (2012-)
I have participated in some some courses belonging to different Grade and Master Programs from two Universities (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and Universidad of Valladolid) and related to Forest Management, Forest Economics and Forest Valuation issues. Now I am enrrolled in a PhD program "Investigación Forestal Avanzada". More than 40 students from different Universities did their research work with me in the past.
I have published 71 papers in 42 different JCR Journals. Besides, I am the author/co-author of 6 books and 17 book chapters, 8 published in international publishers. I have oriented 8 Doctoral Thesis. Some indicators of my research:
Editorial Board Sustainability Journal (Section Sustainable Use of the Environment and Resources) 
Section Editor-in-Chief Forests Journal [since 2019]
Review Editor (Forest Management) Frontiers in Forests and Global Change [since 2018]
Guest-Editor special issue Forests Journal: "Integrating Ecosystem Services into Valuation and Forest Management Decisions" [ 2018]
Guest-Editor special issue Sustainability Journal: "Sustainability as a Multi-criteria concept: New Developments and Applications" [ 2019]
Guest-Editor special issue Forests Journal: "Forest Management and the Challenge of the Sustainable Development Goals" 
I have evaluated research projects belonging to different Universities and Research centers from Spain and other countries (Greek Minister of Education, Czech Science Foundation, Swiss National Science Foundation, German Research Foundation). Besides, I have evaluated the CV of researchers for different international Universities (SLU, ISA Lisboa, Swiss National Science Foundation, University of Helsinki) and Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). I have reviewed more than 270 JCR papers belonging to 101 different Journals (here the most recent).
Member of SuFoRun Project “Models and decision SUpport tools for integrated FOrest policy development under global change and associated Risk and UNcertainty, SuFoRun". I am the supervisor of 3 Doctoral Thesis.